Wolfsburg vs. Bochum: Probable Teams, Match Stats and LIVE Blog!
Will Omar Marmoush keep his place as Wolfsburg host Bochum on Saturday (kick-off: 3.30pm CEST)?
Click here for the Wolfsburg vs Bochum LIVE blog!
Egyptian International marmosh scored in each of Wolfsburgthe last two home games in the division, helping them to the longest four-game unbeaten streak in the division. Niko Kovac’s side have drawn three since their only victory of the season at the Volkswagen Arena, beating VfB Stuttgart 3-2 on the eighth day. Marmoush has alternated between starting and coming off the bench, but form can put him in front Lucas Nmecha in pecking order to the front. Kovac called young Nmecha, Felix“Our best man” in the Draw 2-2 with Bayer Leverkusen last time out, so he should continue in midfield. The coach also handed over the 19-year-old American Kevin Paredes his first senior start for the club in this game after praising his recent development. He could keep his place if Patrick Wimer did not recover from an ankle problem in time.
bochumit is 4-0 loss to RB Leipzig in Thomas Letsch’s first game in charge, it was the heaviest first defeat by a manager in the club’s history in the Bundesliga. But VfL have since won two of three league matches, beating the UEFA Europa League holders Eintracht Frankfurt 3-0 and leaders of the Bundesliga Union Berlin 2-1 Last weekend. The result knocked them off the table for the first time since August. Goalkeeper Manuel Riemann made another crucial penalty that day to secure just a second three-pointer of the campaign. Gerrit Holtman got what proved the winner and hopes to be promoted to the starting XI this week. Christophe Antwi-Adjei and Jordi Osei-Tutu are the ones at risk if the Philippines international is reinstated on the wing.
Look: Bochum surprised league leaders Union last weekend
- Marmoush has already scored two goals in 11 Bundesliga appearances this season, just shy of his tally in 21 on loan at Stuttgart last year.
- Wolfsburg have won eight of their 11 home Bundesliga games against Bochum (D1, L2), including seven of the last eight.
- Wolves have won just once at home in 2022/23; Bochum are the only team to have not yet scored any points on the road.
- No goalkeeper in Europe’s top five leagues has saved more penalties since the start of 2021/22 than Bochum’s Riemann (five, including four in eight faced this season).
- Bochum got six of their seven points in four games under Letsch.
- Only Bochum and Schalke (11 each) have scored fewer goals this campaign than Wolfsburg (13).
Get Marmoush for your Fantasy team for 7.3 million!
Wolfsburg: Casteels – Baku, Lacroix, Van de Ven, Otavio – F. Nmecha, Arnold (c), Gerhardt – Paredes, Marmoush, Kaminski
Out: Franjic (calf), Kruse (not taken into account), Roussillon (Achille)
Doubtful: Wimmer (ankle)
Coach: Niko Kovac
Bohum: Riemann – Gamboa, Ordets, Heintz, Soares – Losilla (c), Stöger – Osei-Tutu, Förster, Antwi-Adjei – Hofmann
Out: Asano (knee), Grave (shoulder)
Doubtful: Goralski (muscular), Mousset (fitness), Zoller (muscular)
Coach: Thomas Letsch
Comments are closed.