West Seattle Blog… | Topic: Personal Trainer – Healthy Living III
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is seeking a part-time personal trainer at the West Seattle YMCA.
Summary of work
Provides specialized individual or small group training. Teach individual or group classes on wellness, fitness, workouts and/or related courses. Acts as liaison and advocate for the YMCA. Understands the target market of health seekers and provides motivational coaching to members participating in ongoing YMCA programs.
Pay starts at $20.05/HOUR
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is committed to providing a positive atmosphere that prioritizes safety and inclusivity for all employees. The YMCA of Greater Seattle has safety standards and protocols in place related to preventative health measures based on guidance from the CDC and local health departments.
All YGS staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID, regardless of where they work. Religious and medical exemptions will be considered when hiring.
– Plans and teaches courses or programs in a specialty area. Observe and discuss individual progress with participants.
– Develops positive relationships with participants and facilitates relationship building between participants and members. Provides motivational support and guidance.
– Increases participants’ awareness of all the factors of a healthy lifestyle.
– Encourages member and parent participation and identifies potential volunteers.
– Attends staff meetings and approved training as required.
– Assemble and disassemble classroom materials. Reports equipment problems.
– Ensures safe and effective courses. Responds to and reports accidents and incidents.
– Conveys basic knowledge of all Y Total Health/Activate America programs.
– Tracks, monitors, evaluates and transitions affected Total Health participants by providing motivational support and guidance. Accurately maintains related records.
– Leads ongoing YMCA total health classes or programs in a specialized area.
– Current state-approved first aid certification.*
– Current state approved CPR certification.
– High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
– Two or more years of teaching or practice experience in a specialized area.
– Ability to lead a class or provide an individual service.
– Ability to respond to security and emergency situations.
– Ability to motivate and educate members.
– Ability to install, move and store equipment.
– Personal Trainer: Nationally recognized certification such as YMCA Fitness Specialist Trainer, YMCA Fitness Testing and Assessment Specialist Trainer, ACSM, ACE, NSCA.
– Total Service/Total Health Training**
– Knowledge and previous experience with various populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.).
– Ability to speak any language in addition to English can be helpful.
* Within 30 days of use.
** Within 60 days of use.
Other combinations of applicable education, training and experience that provide the knowledge, abilities and skills necessary to effectively perform the position may be considered.
Expected working hours: Monday to Thursday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
You’ll be a perfect fit for the Seattle Y if you
Thrive to work in a collaborative environment.
Are very adaptable.
Have strong ownership and a strong work ethic.
You are an excellent problem solver who can think quickly.
Really enjoy being of service to people.
Like being part of a team that cares about each other as people and enjoys working together.
You want to know that the work you do helps build a better and stronger community for everyone.
To build a community where all people, especially young people, are encouraged to develop their full potential in mind, spirit and body.
YMCA of Greater Seattle Core Values
– The passion for excellence
YGS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and equitable work environment. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status by local, state or federal law.
All job offers are contingent on the results of a background check. We participate in the federal E-Verify system.
To apply to https://internal-seattleymca.icims.com/jobs/12859/personal-trainer—healthy-living-iii/job?mode=view
Comments are closed.