Twitter battles Pizza-Shaming Fitness Blog
via Flickr user (cc) Tom Diakum
The Naija Gymnasium claims to be the number one fitness blog in Nigeria. On Twitter, they do a commendable job of sharing health tips and motivational memes to keep their followers healthy. But last week the blog made a misstep by hitting the dangerous third rail of nutrition: pizza. The only people who don’t like pizza are the lactose intolerant and they still dream of it five nights a week. So when Naija Gym Blog posted the following tweet, they naturally took hell for it.
Two slices of pizza are equivalent to swallowing 3 tablespoons of lukewarm oil. Do you want to eat pizza now? pic.twitter.com/MXBl9lFIYv
– Naija Gym Blog (@naijagym) February 16, 2017not
After the tweet, hatred started pouring in from people of all races, creeds and socio-economic backgrounds.
– nubert (@iNubyy) Feb. 19, 2017not
– Ziqelekazi (@zenandemcotsho) Feb. 19, 2017not
– lela (@vaginasmoothie) Feb. 19, 2017not
– Ben Radigan (@benradigan) Feb. 19, 2017not
– Scott Bixby (@scottbix) Feb. 19, 2017not
– Nathan Foad (@nathan_foad) Feb. 19, 2017not
– Rachel (@ snicklefritz35) Feb. 19, 2017not
This hot oil tastes delicious @naijagym pic.twitter.com/L9OCK8mwgc
– Aron Yohannes (@AronYohannes) Feb. 19, 2017not
– christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) Feb. 19, 2017not
Undeterred by all the pro-pizza voices that bravely spoke out, Naija Gym Blog came back with a poll to see where people really stand. As of press time, 90% of the 14,000 people who voted have admitted they would eat pizza no matter how much oil it contains.
LOVE FOR PIZZA SURVEY:
Two slices of pizza are equivalent to swallowing 3 tablespoons of lukewarm oil. Do you want to eat pizza now?
– Naija Gym Blog (@naijagym) Feb. 20, 2017not