RB Leipzig vs Freiburg: probable teams, match stats and LIVE blog!
Can Matthias Ginter keep Bundesliga top scorer Christopher Nkunku at bay as Freiburg look to defend second place away to in-form RB Leipzig on Wednesday (Kick-off: 8.30pm CET)?
Click here for the Leipzig vs. Freiburg LIVE!
The 2021/22 Bundesliga Player of the Season seems to be back to its best, with nkunku scoring in each of the last three league games and his last five appearances in all competitions. His double on Saturday 3-1 win at Hoffenheim took him on 11 Bundesliga goals for the campaign and atop the divisional scoreboard. He also extended leipzigThe 11-game unbeaten streak that saw them pick up wins over Celtic, real Madrid and Shakhtar Donetsk qualify for the UEFA Champions League Round of 16 – where they will face Manchester City – and also climb from the depths of 12th place all the way up to sixth. Marco Rose and his team now have the chance to finish 2020 in the top four, but they approach these last two games without Timo Wernerwho also goes miss the soccer world cup with an ankle injury. Dani Olmo, however, hopes to face Germany in Group E after scoring on his departure from a knee injury at the weekend. He has two games to prove his fitness and be part of the last Spanish team.
ginter will certainly travel to Qatar next week, having played every minute – with the left-back Christian Gunter – in the second-nastiest defense in the Bundesliga. The Black Forest club kept their eighth clean sheet and recorded a third consecutive nil victory on Sunday as they beat Cologne 2-0 to move up to second place in the standings. Woo-yeong Jeong and Michael Gregoritsch scored the goals as Christian Streich’s men continued their best top-flight start to the season. For a side now accustomed to midweek play and who have started with an unchanged XI in back-to-back Bundesliga games six times this season, there is little reason to change things. Daniel Kofi Kyereh did not travel due to flu which also kept him out on weekends.
Look: Nkunku kept Leipzig by car at Hoffenheim
- With 11 league goals so far this season, Nkunku is the Bundesliga’s top scorer after 13 games.
- Nkunku has found the back of the net in each of his last five games, scoring six times in passing.
- Leipzig are unbeaten in their last 11 matches in all competitions (W9, D2), winning four out of six in the Bundesliga.
- Mark Flekken (eight) has kept more clean sheets than any other goalkeeper in the division so far this season.
- Vincenzo Grifo has been involved in four goals in his last three league outings (two goals, two assists).
- Freiburg have only lost twice this season; at Borussia Dortmund on matchday 2 and at Bayern Munich on matchday 10.
Get Nkunku for your Fantasy team for 17.1 million!
Leipzig: Blaswich – Henrichs, Orban, Gvardiol, Raum – Haidara, Schlager – Szoboszlai, Nkunku, Olmo – Silva
Out: Gulacsi (knee), Laimer (ankle), Werner (ankle)
Doubtful: Klostermann (ankle), Simakan (shoulder)
Coach: Marco Rose
Freiburg: Flekken – Kübler, Ginter, Lienhart, Günter (c) – Eggestein, Höfler – Doan, Jeong, Grifo – Gregoritsch
Out: Ezekwem (muscular), Gulde (back), Kyereh (sick), Schmid (muscular)
Coach: Christian Strich
Comments are closed.