Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig: Probable Teams, Match Stats & LIVE Blog!
Can Christopher Nkunku help RB Leipzig distance themselves from Hoffenheim in the race for European places on Saturday (kick-off: 15:30 CET)?
Click here for the Hoffenheim vs. Leipzig LIVE!
Hoffenheim have only had better starts to the Bundesliga season under Julian Nagelsmann and Alfred Schreuder than they have this year under new boss Andre Breitenreiter. The Sinsheimers have 18 points on the board and start Matchday 13 in seventh place, but have won just one of their last six league assignments. It was a 3-0 win at Schalkewhich club record goalscorer Andrej Kramaric missed with an ankle injury. The Croatian, nine goals from a century in the Bundesliga, has only been among the substitutes in the last two matches, the 2-0 loss to Bayern Munich and 1-1 draw in Cologne, but could come back now. Central defender Ozan Kabak was sent off for a second yellow in that game last Sunday and will therefore watch this one from the stands, having been ubiquitous this season until his dismissal. Kevin Vogt also hobbled last time and still needs to train so another change is expected for a defense that also includes leipzig lent Angelino on the rear wing.
The Spaniard’s parent club are one point clear in the standings Bundesliga table and full of confidence after a 10-game unbeaten run in all competitions. nkunku was in the bullseye again on Wednesday – for the fourth game in a row and the 14th time this season – as Leipzig beat Shakhtar Donetsk 4-0 to secure passage to the knockout stage of the UEFA Champions League. Nkunku has been helped lately by Timo Wernerwhich was also framed in the 2-0 win against Bayer Leverkusen and 3-2 success against Real Madridbut suffered ankle ligament damage which rules it out until next year. benjamin henrichs is suspended, so mohamed simakan will definitely continue at right-back, while it’s another shootout between Josko Gvardiol and Abdou Diallo to the partner alternate captain Willi Orban. Dani Olmo is also an option on offense as he continues his return to top form.
Look: Leipzig and Nkunku energized with win over Leverkusen
- Kramaric and Robert Skov are Hoffenheim’s next top scorers (both three) in 2022/23, after Munas Dabbur’s four goals.
- Angelino has made 68 Bundesliga appearances for parent club Leipzig. So far this season, he has scored a record 41 crosses in the league (as many as Borna Sosa, his VfB Stuttgart counterpart).
- Only Union Berlin (nine) and Bayern (10) have conceded fewer goals than Hoffenheim’s 13 so far this season. It’s their best defensive record after 12 games in 11 years.
- Nkunku has scored 22 Bundesliga-leading goals in 2022. It takes one more to equal Werner’s Leipzig club record for most goals in a calendar year.
- David Raum was involved in 14 goals for Hoffenheim last season. He has an assist to show for his first 11 Bundesliga appearances in a Leipzig shirt.
- Leipzig are eight away Bundesliga games without a win. Eleven is their longest sterile high-flying road run (2021).
Get Nkunku for your Fantasy team for 17.1 million!
Hoffenheim: Baumann (c) – Akpoguma, Quaresma, Nsoki – Skov, Prömel, Geiger, Angelino – Baumgartner – Rutter, Kramaric
Out: Asllani (ankle), Bebou (knee), Dabbur (shoulder), Hübner (ankle), Kabak (hanging), Philipp (finger)
Doubtful: Bicakcic (fitness), Vogt (calf)
Coach: André Breitenreiter
Leipzig: Blaswich – Simakan, Orban (c), Diallo, Raum – Haidara, Schlager – Szoboszlai, Nkunku, Forsberg – Silva
Out: Gulacsi (knee), Henrichs (suspended), Klostermann (ankle), Laimer (ankle), Werner (ankle)
Doubtful: Poulsen (muscular)
Coach: Marco Rose
Comments are closed.