Hoffenheim vs Borussia Mönchengladbach: probable line-ups, match stats and LIVE blog!
In-form Hoffenheim will host a very poor-form Borussia Mönchengladbach in the PreZero Arena on Saturday (kick off 3:30 p.m. CET).
>> Click here for the Hoffenheim-Gladbach LIVE blog!
Hoffenheim’s four-game winning streak may have ended midweek, but it could have been worse. Sebastian Hoeneß’s side were leading 2-0 against Bayer Leverkusen with 10 minutes remaining until substitutes Angelo Stiller and Munas Dabbur hit twice in three minutes to keep TSG fourth. The two are pushing for starts in the Hinrunde’s final game, with Sebastian Rudy and five-goal scorer Ihlas Bebou possible to give way. Pavel Kaderabek could also return to the starting lineup after appearing in the draw with Leverkusen on the bench and the 29-year-old will have his eyes on Kevin Akpoguma’s place on the right. Chris Richards is expected to feature for the 14th game in a row since joining the club on loan from Bayern Munich and will almost certainly have Kevin Vogt for company. The third place in defense was taken by Florian Grillitsch last time, but Stefan Posch and returning club captain Benjamin Hübner are in contention.
While the hosts were in great shape, Gladbach took the opposite direction and Adi Hütter’s side find themselves firmly in a relegation battle. They are only one point above the drop zone and the loss could see them end the year in the promotion / relegation playoff spot. This is their reality after four defeats on the spin which saw the Foals concede 17 times against Cologne (4-1), Friborg (0-6), RB Leipzig (4-1) and Eintracht Frankfurt (2-3). The last defeat to Frankfurt midweek was even more frustrating for taking an early lead, then equalizing and playing against 10 men for the final 20 minutes of the game. Jonas Hofmann remains on the sidelines with injury, but the return from suspension of captain Lars Stindl, who is expected to replace Laszlo Benes, is reinforced.
Look: American high-flying: Chris Richards
- Kramaric scored eight Bundesliga goals and two assists at this point last season; the Croatia international currently has two goals and seven assists in 2021/22.
- Hoffenheim have already reached the top of the league 10 times this season.
- Sebastian Hoeneß’s side are on a roll and are unbeaten in their last five league games (W4, D1).
- At Hofmann (seven goals) and Stindl (two goals, four assists), Gladbach will be deprived of his two most dangerous attackers this season.
- With a top speed of 22.13 mph (35.62 km / h), Deniz Zakaria is the sixth-fastest player in the Bundesliga in 2021/22.
- Only Bayern Munich (316) have had more shots on goal than Gladbach (250) this season.
Hoffenheim: Baumann (c) – Vogt, Grillitsch, Richards – Kaderabek, Samassekou, Stiller, Raum – Baumgartner – Kramaric, Dabbur
Outside: Bicakcic (knee), Bruun Larsen (muscle), Skov (thigh)
Doubtful: Geiger (thigh), John (sick)
Coach: Sebastian hoeneß
Gladbach: Sommer – Ginter, Elvedi, Bensebaini – Scally, Neuhaus, Zakaria, Netz – Stindl (c), Plea – Embolo
Outside: Beyer (thigh), Hofmann (knee), Kone (hanging)
Doubtful: Jantschke (fitness match)
Coach: Adi Hütter