Cologne vs Hoffenheim: CONFIRMED teams, match stats and live blog!
Steffen Tigges and Cologne will be hoping to recover from their European efforts quickly enough to get the better of Ozan Kabak and Hoffenheim on Sunday (kick-off: 19:30 CET).
Click here for the Cologne vs. blog. Hoffenheim LIVE!
tigers was due to play in the UEFA Europa Conference League against Slovacko on Thursday, but fog in the Czech Republic forced the match to be rescheduled for a Friday midday kick-off. the old Borussia Dortmund the striker came on for the final half hour as Cologne picked up a 1-0 victory on the second attempt thanks to a Ondrej Duda sadness. The delay means the Billy Goats will have a quicker turnaround time between games than usual, but Steffen Baumgart, Cologne head coach is unlikely to use this as an excuse, and he will expect improvement in Mainz lost 5-0 on the 11th day. Luca Kilian is suspended following his red card in the 28th minute last weekend, so the Croatia Under-21 defender Nikola Soldo gets his second start to the season in the league. Captain Jonah Hector went out with a foot injury picked up in training, but Tigges and Duda return from outside as mid-tables Cologne seek a fourth home win in six league games.
Kabak and Hoffenheim are also looking to get back on track after losing their last Bundesliga game. The former Liverpool and Schalke the defender couldn’t prevent his team from losing 2-0 at home to Bayern Munich last weeka result that left Hoffenheim seventh in the table and only one point ahead of Cologne, Borussia Monchengladbach and RB Leipzig. Defender Kevin Vogt returns to the starting XI after serving a one-match ban, but Munas Dabbour aggravated a shoulder problem against bavaria and will be absent until the winter break. Although he spent half an hour against the champions after his own return from injury, Andrej Kramaric stay on the bench.
Look: Tigges was the hero of Cologne’s last home game
- Tigges has scored in Cologne’s last two home games, netting once against Dortmund then twice against Augsburg.
- However, the Billy Goats haven’t hit the target in any of their last three Bundesliga assignments against Hoffenheim.
- Baumgart failed to beat Hoffenheim as a manager, losing three and drawing.
- Alongside the keeper Olivier BaumannKabak is the only Hoffenheim player not to miss a single minute of action in the Bundesliga this season.
- Christoph Baumgartner is set for his 100th Bundesliga appearance. The Austrian has scored four goals in five league games against Cologne.
- Hoffenheim have won each of their last eight Bundesliga meetings with Cologne, their longest run against a top-flight club.
Get Tigges for your Fantasy team for 4.1 million!
Cologne: Schwäbe – Schmitz, Soldo, Hübers, Pedersen – Duda, Martel – Huseinbasic, Maina, Kainz (c) – Tigges
Subtitles: Horn, Uth, Schindler, Adamyan, Dietz, Schmid, Schwirten, Smajic, Strauch
Out: Andersson (knee), Chabot (ankle), Hector (foot), Kilian (suspended), Lemperle (ankle), Limnios (knee), Ljubicic (knee), Olesen (ankle), Skhiri (cheekbone), Thielmann (sick)
Coach: Steffen Baumgart
Hoffenheim: Baumann (c) – Kabak, Vogt, Nsoki – Skov, Rudy, Geiger, Angelino – Prömel – Baumgartner, Bruun Larsen
Subtitles: Noll, Kaderabek, Stiller, Becker, Akpoguma, Quaresma, Kramaric, Rutter, Damar
Out: Asllani (ankle), Bebou (knee), Bicakcic (fitness), Dabbur (shoulder), Hübner (ankle), Philipp (finger)
Coach: André Breitenreiter
Comments are closed.