American Catfish Recipe of the Month: Greek Catfish with Hummus
• 4 fillets of American farmed catfish
• Olive oil
• 2 tablespoons of dried oregano
• 2 tablespoons garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon of dried basil
• 1 tablespoon of dried dill
• 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
• 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
• 1 tablespoon dried onion
• 1 tablespoon kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper
• 2 teaspoons of dried marjoram
• 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1/3 cup of tahini
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
• 3 tablespoons of water (for mixing)
1. PREHEAT the grill over high heat.
2. TO MIX TOGETHER seasoning ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. DRIZZLE fillets with olive oil then sprinkle Greek seasoning on both sides.
4. SQUARE place catfish on grill, skin side up, and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Carefully FLIP fillets and continue grilling for 3 minutes more or until nicely browned and cooked through.
6. REMOVE off the grill and let cool slightly.
7. In a small food processor, COMBINE beans and next 6 ingredients, and blend hummus until smooth (add more water if needed).
8. SQUARE in a bowl, drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
9. SPOON part of the hummus on a plate and serve the catfish on top.
We’d love to know what you think after trying this one! I always check the label to make sure it is American farmed catfish and so should you. Enjoy 100% All-American!